How We Serve Our Clients
How We Serve Our Clients:
Our fee-only compensation system and our integrated approach is the foundation of the service we provide our clients and it differentiates us from the brokerage industry and many financial planning firms. It is our goal to make the financial planning process an enjoyable and rewarding experience that provides you with peace of mind. This firm is committed to providing advice with your best interest at heart. We value long term relationships which allows us to better understand you and help you meet your financial goals.
Our fee-only compensation structure enables you to pay for advice tailored to your specific needs, not for the sale of products. We provide services; we do not sell products. You will know up front what services you will receive and how much they will cost. There are no hidden charges. Because we earn no commissions or referral fees, the only thing gained from our recommendations is your satisfaction.
Our integrated approach looks at the many facets of your financial picture and integrates those elements into a cohesive plan. The best structured financial plans take into account tax ramifications, estate planning issues, and insurance coverage. In taking an integrated approach, all aspects of your life are considered when formulating recommendations. A financial plan is not a one time, final document. The ongoing integrated approach allows us to assist you in adjusting your financial plans and strategies to fit your changing financial situation. It is, and should be, a continuing process.
It's Not Just Money, Inc. strongly believes that ongoing service is key for most clients. Everyone's needs change as their lives progress. It’s unreasonable to assume that your initial plan will be appropriate for your entire life. A lifelong client relationship helps us guide you through the financial transitions in life. No plan can anticipate every contingency in life and that's why a continuing relationship is vital to your financial wellbeing. It is our job to get to know and understand you well to help achieve the goals that are especially important to you. This fosters lifelong relationships built on trust and your personal financial goals.
We Fully Embrace the Fiduciary Standard:
A financial advisor held to a Fiduciary Standard occupies a position of special trust and confidence when working with a client. As a Fiduciary, the financial advisor is required to act with undivided loyalty to the client. This includes disclosure of how the financial advisor is to be compensated and any corresponding conflicts of interest.
Federal and state law requires that Registered Investment Advisors are held to a Fiduciary Standard. This law requires that an advisor act solely in the best interest of the client, even if that interest is in conflict with the advisor's financial interest. Investment Advisors must disclose any conflict, or potential conflict, to the client prior to and throughout a business engagement. Investment Advisors must adopt a Code of Ethics and fully disclose how they are compensated.
- We are the primary financial resource for our clients.
- We are committed to improving the quality of our clients' lives and peace-of-mind through informed and intelligent financial advice.
- Service is provided with uncompromising integrity, trust, and competence.
- Impeccable ethics
- Maintaining professional competence through extensive continuing education
- Exceeding client expectations
- Putting clients first
- Building financial security for owners and employees
- Having a good work environment and having employees feel valued and important
- Having clients as primary source of new business
- Entire firm being customer obsessed
- Enjoying what we do and the clients we work with
- Active Involvement with the local community and the financial planning profession
- An integrated approach to planning is vital to helping clients achieve their goals.
- We strive to know our clients' desires and needs. We assist them in developing and implementing strategies to fulfill their financial goals.
- We should like and trust our clients and they should feel the same about us.
- We place great importance on professional competency. We feel that ongoing education is key. Industry affiliations and credentials strengthen this goal.
- Open retainers allow us to address client needs at a fair price to the client without concerns regarding hourly fees.
- The firm does not accept referral fees or commissions in order to work exclusively for our clients and have their best interests at heart.
- We provide competent and responsive service to our clients.
SOLID INVESTING, NOT SPECULATING:
- It’s Not Just Money, Inc., believes in investing, not speculating. A well balanced approach to investing includes diverse of types of investments, including some of the less exciting asset classes like bonds and cash equivalents. Diversity, along with good quality criteria in choosing investments, helps to reduce risk and makes achieving goals more feasible. We use no load mutual funds and discount brokerage accounts to implement our investment recommendations. No commissions, referral fees, or wrap fees are paid to this firm by any outside companies for the recommendations made.
- This firm does not engage in market timing or day trading nor do we encourage you to pursue these strategies. We build diversified portfolios specifically designed for your needs, including the ability to have emergency funds available.
- We specifically look at your situation to determine the appropriate mix of cash equivalents, bonds and other interest bearing investments, real estate, and equities. It’s crucial to understand your goals, risk tolerance, current situation, investment time horizon, and where you fall in the financial life cycle before making investment recommendations.
- After determining these issues, we then identify the appropriate mix of assets within each of these categories. Our philosophy is not to attempt to beat market returns, but to help you work toward achieving your financial goals and to do so without unnecessary risk. We strongly believe that long term returns on a net worth composed of high quality diversified assets will allow you to meet your goals with less volatility.
It's Not Just Money, Inc., strongly believes in education - for you and ourselves. Very few people hire a financial advisor with the intent of learning everything the advisor knows. Everyone, however, should have a comfort level with the elements of their own finances. We strive to increase your comfort level by increasing your understanding and knowledge of the financial issues confronting you. A significant part of our job is sharing information and providing education.
The foundation of our approach is to build a strategy that helps you achieve your goals while increasing your understanding and comfort level with the financial specifics of your situation. To achieve this you will be actively involved in clarifying information about your finances. Additionally, we don't make decisions for you; you make decisions with the information and recommendations we provide.
Our credentials and focus on continued education evidence our commitment to our own education. Linda Leitz and Jane Young, the co-owners and planners of It's Not Just Money, Inc., each have undergraduate and master’s degrees in business and Linda holds a PhD in Personal Financial Planning. Both are Certified Financial Planners, which requires demonstration of intellectual knowledge and practical experience in the areas of retirement planning, insurance planning, estate planning, investment planning, income tax, and general financial planning. Jane and Linda are both members of several professional organizations that require high ethical standards, including the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors, which requires a minimum of 60 hours of continuing education every two years across these disciplines. Each planner generally exceeds the required continuing education credits.